Wednesday, March 30, 2005

But frogs don't rock...

Yeah, I know. 'Rock' was something i wanted because i am not yet over my college days when few kind souls, not fans just kind souls, sent me swooping to cloud nine, by giving me 'guitar god' and other equally undeserved and unimaginative epithets. During the few tolerable performances of RECT Western Music Troupe, named 'The Duhs' by our most creative member Deepti Zachariah, we had actually managed to impress, while all we wanted was to salvage pride! There were also Chandrashekhar (Vicky), Arvind (Gandhi), Karthik (K) Vikash (did he have a nick name?) with me. From the Festember 2000 to Leap nite of 2001, we came a long way. And eventually could shake a bit if not rock. So rock...

And well, I have been a frog in the well. India is my home and is going to be so. But why haven't I ventured to the snow capped himalayas or the backwaters of kerala yet, let alone using my passport. And then there are people, of the wrong gender, who think I'm a Casanova, when actually I am that mythical frog waiting for the right kiss. And last and the least, my current residence in Bangalore is at a place called Tawakkal's, and I am told tawakkal in Tamil is a frog. So ribbid...

1 comment:

Nimbus said...

So what do we have here? A guitar playing nomadic frog prince, it seems? Thought i'd return the favor since you came by and said your bit on my blog and all. Much thanks for that! And I get to be the first one to leave my footprints here, so yay for me!

Look forward to more of your writings :)