Monday, March 06, 2006

Formula No: 1

As the race day for the Bahrain F1 draws near, let me tell you a nice formula to make yourself so miserable, you want to jump off your office terrace and land head first. I shot myself in the foot several times over the last 6 months in several departments of life. I've just done an encore yesterday night, but let's not talk about that. I could have resigned from Cisco long ago... maybe in January itself, had I known that I didn't really want IMD. All I wanted was change and success to a manageable degree. ISB happened in Jan beginning and soon after stupid me started chasing a double dream of Queens+IMD, spurred on by a strange mix of reasons that will never make sense to my own self. I have already almost burnt out myself, and don't know how well I'll do. Not to mention, I am semi-crazy...
 
Anyhow, post-harakiri, I also find that work is tight, as tight as it could have been! Am working hard, but I don't think I can finish it. So, I'll leave behind dangling pointers ... not literally, cause I don't code in C. Engineering posterity in my team will look at half-cooked pieces of tasteless code and jeer at the MBA lotos-eater who was too good for everything, but turned out to be good for nothing in the end. Don't do this to yourself. When shifting gears it's good to allow room for speed change. I didn't, and got stuck.
 
But, F1's coming! It's going to be good fun with the improved qualification round (I didn't quite like the single car qualify round), and permissible mid-race tyre changes. Check out:  http://www.formula1.com/news/4043.html

No comments: